Code of Conduct
Players Code of Conduct
- Never argue with the referee.
- Play well for yourself and your team. Understand the importance of team loyalty.
- Be a good sport; recognise all good play whether by your own team or your opponents win or lose.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated; do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any player.
- Be attentive at all training and coaching sessions.
- Play by the Laws of the game and accept without question, the referee’s decision.
- Wear your Club kit with pride and remember that you are a representative of the club when you are wearing it.
- We do not accept bad behaviour or sportsmanship or any breach of the above codes.
Additional Junior Codes of Conduct
Ballito Dolphins Rugby Club Rugby is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with either Kevin Murphy ( Chairman), Mark Svenningsen(Juniors &Vice Chair) As a member of Ballito Dolphins Rugby Club Rugby you are expected to abide by the following junior club rules:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect opponents.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit (boots with safety studs, gum guards, club kit) for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- Members must ensure that they bring adequate water for rehydration during training sessions.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
Parents / Carers
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Breaches of the above could result in your membership being withdrawn.
- Provide experiences matched to the player’s ages and abilities, as well as their physical and mental development.
- Ensure youngsters are coached in a safer environment with first aid to hand.
- Avoid the overplaying of the best players, by using a squad system which gives every player satisfactory playing time.
- Never allow a player to train or play when injured.
- Ensure supervision of players, on or off the field.
- Recognise that young players should never be exposed to extremes of temperature, or unacceptable risk of injury.
- Be aware of and abide by, the policies and procedure outlined in the Club’s SARU/South African Child Protection policy.
- Coaches working with players up to the age of 12 must follow the guidelines laid down by the SARU Rugby Rules and Regulations. Boksmart clearance is compulsory.
- Coaches working with players 13+ must be aware of the law variations, according to the SARU Rugby Continuum. Boksmart clearance is compulsory
- Coaches behaviour should be exemplary at all times, ensuring that players and parents have a good role model which practically demonstrates and supports the Codes of Conduct.
Supporters and social members
- Members and supporters are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team members and players.
- Members enjoy the rugby experience free from fighting, *thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behaviour, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Members and supporters comply with requests from ground staff regarding ground policies and emergency response procedures.
- Members and supporters promptly and carefully return the ball to a ground staff member.
- Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age. Anyone who appears to be intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance may be denied entry to or removed from the ground.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the ground.
- Members and supporters conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the ground and in the surrounding.
- Guns, weapons, illegal drugs, and other materials deemed hazardous or dangerous by BALLITO DOLPHINS RUGBY CLUB/Ground/Security staff are prohibited.
- All persons entering the ground are subject to reasonable search to protect the safety of the public and to ensure compliance with this Code of Conduct.
- All persons entering the ground will be expected to abide by all applicable laws.
- Items intended for sale or trade may not be brought onto ground property, including the parking lots, without a permit, concession license, or lease from the BALLITO DOLPHINS RUGBY CLUB.
Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behaviour to the nearest BALLITO DOLPHINS RUGBY CLUB member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection and may also be in violation of the law resulting in possible arrest and prosecution.
BALLITO DOLPHINS RUGBY CLUB pledge to members and supporters.
BALLITO DOLPHINS RUGBY CLUB values the support of every one of its members. BALLITO DOLPHINS RUGBY CLUB pledges to protect a members right to:
- Watch the game in a safe, clean and healthy environment.
- Be treated in a courteous, consistent and professional manner.
- Be treated with dignity and respect by other spectators attending the game and those organizing the event.
- “Support” his or her team, provided that the support is in good taste and neither adversely impacts the event experience of fellow spectators nor negatively impacts the game.
- Expect displays of good sportsmanship.
- Expect timely and accurate information related to the game.